Tuesday 25 January 2011

Can you wear a little black dress for 365 days?

I would probably struggle, I can't lie, but the girls on Uniform project have certainly done it - and at least for a month.

This is a charity project from NYC which was launched by Sheena Matheiken. She wanted to challenge consumerism by wearing for an entire year the same dress. She not only practised good sustainability, but  she has also been able to raise money for a non-profit charity that provides education to children living in the Indian slums. Everyday she accessorised the 'uniform' with reused, vintage or donated things. Since this initiative in 2009 it has been a great success and the UP started a 'pilot series'.

Now each month there is a girl wearing the same dress raising money for charity. Some of the outfits I must say they're amazing!! I really admire these girls, they have a lot of imagination and they're incredibly inspiring...

Mmmm...the more i write about it the more I'm getting tempted to do it. What do you think, should I try?
In the meantime I will start with a donation, I think it's a great initiative.  http://theuniformproject.com

I personally love December 2010..some of her ideas:







No comments:

Post a Comment